Tuesday, August 17, 2010

What are the names of this cooling/central air new item?

It's like these little boxes put throughout the house? I saw it in a commercial and I like the idea. I live in MA if that helps...We have central now, but these are directed to individual rooms so you have more control.

What are the names of this cooling/central air new item?
I think you mean something like this Mitsubishi system. These are really efficient but the equipment and install is not cheap.





http://www.mitsubishielectric.ca/hvac/A0...
Reply:I have not seen the commercial, but I can tell you from the basic laws of physics that if you take heat out of a room to make it cooler, that heat has to be discharged elsewhere. What that means is that these little boxes need to be connected with plumbing to circulate a coolant to an external heat exchanger. The coolant may be a refrigerant, cold water, ethylene glycol, or another liquid. It's not like a portable electric heater that only needs to be plugged into an outlet. If you need more control for your central air, why not just adjust the shutters on your outlet registers?


No comments:

Post a Comment