Sunday, November 20, 2011

What is the name of the best kimchi producer in Korea?

I know the home made one is the best for sure! But I want to buy a gift for a friend and so, I would like to know if you could recommend me some famous brands I can find in supermarkets or department stores in Seoul! Kamsamnida!

What is the name of the best kimchi producer in Korea?
Usually, MOM.





Are you buying a gift for someone in Korea?


Are they Korean?





I kind of made a joke but you're right home made is best. If you are thinking of buying for a Korean friend in Korea, try to think of another gift. Perhaps whiskey or fresh fruit.


If you are buying a gift for someone in the US to bring back. You can buy kimchi at the duty free shop in Incheon airport. It's not as good as homemade but pretty good. When my wife and I would travel out of Korea she always packed ramen and we would buy a pack of Kimchi at the airport, for when she had a craving for Korean food.
Reply:You cant bring it back, and there is no store brand that any respectable Korean would buy.





It is better to go to a Korean market and try some, and then buy it made locally. The stores have sample tables, jsut like costco.


No comments:

Post a Comment